Reston Spring

Reston Spring
Reston Spring

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reston Just Needs a Little Work, Justine van Engen, Reston Patch, December 14, 2010

Pretty gets harder to achieve when one is over 40.
. . . I get it now.  I have finally figured out what I have to contribute to the discussion of Reston's zoning, development, cosmic alignment and Feng Shui that seems to take up every other resident's time but my own.  I had thought the committees and sub-committees were delving into code, policy, philosophy, and the fundamental concept of property ownership.  Imagine my surprise when I learned that it all boiled down to a matter about which I am practically an expert:  the care and maintenance of a body over the age of 40.
Reston is 46 years old and her indiscretions of youth are beginning to show themselves.  She disdained the American death industry and shunned the notion of putting in a cemetery, a decision she might regret.  She caved in to the pressure to have more parking and allowed New Dominion Parkway to leave a scar across her midsection.  Like most of us as we age, her proportions grew larger, her façade needed more work to maintain, and her relationships grew more complicated.
 It's okay.  She just needs advice from her friends.  And I am a friendly person.  Here is the help she has been waiting to receive. . . .
 To read Justine's advice, please click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are relevant, constructive, and decent.